Emriver laser surprise.




Today was a big day for business things. We solved a huge Emriver Em2 marketing puzzle thanks to a kind visit from Greg Wilkerson--he revealed to us the nature of civil engineering instruction and thus why our sales to engineering schools are not what we'd hoped. Thanks Greg.

Inspired by a paper Greg showed us and needing a break, I tried bouncing a sheet laser off our resident Em2. Here are results. I was hoping to fool around with topographic representation but got much more. Turbulence in the flow and resulting water surface shape produces some amazing reflected images--some of the most beautiful waveforms I've seen. I'm sure we'll do more of this, but for the record here are the first.

The little movie was shot with my Canon Pro1 still camera.

Labels: , , , ,